After ten months of working weekends and getting up early to fit in a couple of hours before work, I’ve finally submitted module two of my KLC Open Learning Diploma in Interior Design.
I took the boards in personally as I couldn’t risk them getting lost in the post and it was such a relief to arrive at KLC and hand it over. Now I can sleep easy knowing they are safe and not getting damaged by the cats or unruly nephews…
Anyway, I thought I would share some images of my work and show my friends where I’ve been for the last ten months!
Project 1 – Colour Matching
I was asked to choose a fabric/wall covering or tile containing at least four colours and build up a room scheme around it. I used ‘Harlequin Gardenia’ fabric as my colour inspiration.
I enjoyed this project and will definitely be using this technique in the future to inspire a colour scheme, especially if I need to incorporate existing furniture or soft furnishings.
Project 2 – Bathroom Planning
For this project I needed to plan and design a bathroom for Robert Hillier, a client who is a tall, large man.
The first step was to create a concept board.
I then worked on the layout of the room and created an inked plan.
Finally, I put it all together in a furniture book to present to the client.
I’m dreading creating the Axometric drawing for module 3!
For this one the tutors gave total creative freedom, only specifying that the scheme should be developed for a contemporary, high-end sitting room.
Next I looked at the concept board and pulled out the shapes, colours and textures to source the items for the room.
I just hope my design isn’t too dramatic for the tutors taste!
Project 4 – Period Window Treatment
The design was supposed to fit into a modern interior, so I would have liked to omit the tassels, however, the KLC tutors said that ‘passimentere’ (what a great word!) was essential for this period.
Project 5 – Bed Treatment
This project was timely as I’m re-designing my Mum and Dads bedroom and four-poster bed. It’s was great to do ‘live work’ without feeling guilty for neglecting coursework.
This project made me realise how important a sketch can be. It really helped when deciding on the fabrics and how to hang them. I hate to think how long I spent on this sketch, it was the thing I was dreading most about this module, but I’m quite proud of it now, so I thought I would share a close up of it :)
I will post photos of the finished room, but it may take some time, as Mum & I have lots of sewing to do between now and then!
As it’s been a full-on few months I’ve decided to give myself the rest of June off KLC work so I can concentrate on the ‘Blogging Your Way’ course’.
Now I just have to wait for my results…